Incident Report Forms are used in a wide variety of sectors from Health Care, Construction, Education, Manufacturing, Utilities, Transportation and in the general workplace.
An incident report form is completed in order to capture the details of any dangerous occurrence, injury, accident or near miss and is ideally completed as close to the event time as possible. This is to ensure that full, factual and accurate information is recorded to enable the responsible (health & safety) manager to put actions in place to minimise future risks and to ensure the safety of employee and/or customers.
Employee Health & Safety is of prime importance to any business or organisation no matter how big or small. Unfortunately, many incident report forms are still completed in the traditional pen and paper format and while this method works it can problematic and inefficient. Problems include:
- Access to the paper based form – incidents can occur anywhere and having a paper based form to hand is not always possible.
- Difficult to read or unreadable handwriting
- Delays in getting the completed form to the responsible manager
- Missing or misplaced forms
- Storing of the paper forms
All of the above issues increase the risk of delays and repeat incidents due to the inefficiencies of using paper based forms.
One thing that that we do have with us the majority of the times is our phone. By moving away from paper and utilising an always accessible incident or accident report form via an App or the Web has huge benefits for a variety of reasons:
- Forms can be accessed immediately
- Information is recorded quickly ensuring full and accurate data
- Forms can be submitted as soon as complete
- Fields such as pick lists, date pickers, GPS location and photo fields all help in providing a much information as possible
- Use of the dictation feature to speak the details directly into the form
- No more bad handwriting
- No more delays in getting the forms to the manager
There are so many benefits of utilising the technology we have available today – especially when it comes to health and safety. If you are still using paper based, incident or accident report forms then now is the time to start to thinking about going paperless.
iPEGS provide an easy to use, cost effective way of creating Electronic Incident Report Forms that can can be accessed on ANY device, completed with ease, signed electronically and submitted in a matter of minutes if not seconds.
By making it as easy as possible for anyone to complete these forms, via any internet connect device, ensures that the incident is reported on quickly and efficiently.
iPEGS Electronic Forms have a number of benefits including:
- Forms available on ANY device (accessible immediately)
- Forms can be accessed and completed offline (app only)
- Electronic Signatures can be added with date and time stamp for authenticity
- Mandatory Fields ensure the form is completed in full
- Pick Lists and Tick Boxes for easy form filling
- Add Photos directly to the form
- Add GPS Location to the form
- Submit forms electronically (no more printing/scanning/filing)
Once the form has been submitted securely to the iPEGS Web Portal the form owner (responsible manager) will receive an email notification where they can view or download the form immediately.
No more delays waiting for the form to be returned to the office. No more risk of losing or misplacing the form and no more having to decipher unreadable handwriting.
For more information about how to Go Paperless with iPEGS please click here.